Wednesday, June 13, 2012

I've been busy...

....cleaning like a mad woman....even washing windows.
I'm getting ready for NASCAR weekend.  There will be 7 for sure and
maybe 9 family and friends
arriving mid day on Friday.  
I think this will be year #7.
It is to be a hot weekend....like 90F and humid...ugh!!...
...today would have been a perfect day for the race....74F!!

On the weekend DH strung a clothes line from 2 of the trees in the back yard
...a NO NO in our subdivision....
I haven't hung any clothes on the line but have been tempted
...what would they do to me????

He took a few pictures of some quilts....
...this one is for the Veterans Hospital  in Ann Arbor....
using scraps from my stash.
I started it a long time ago and finally finished it...yipee



I have 2 more tops pieced
and I'll have pictures after they are quilted.
...they were pieced using  Moda's
'Independence Trail' and Prairie Paisley II fabrics by Minick and Simpson.
Thank you Laurie for giving me some Moda scrapes.
...I still have lots of scraps to make more quilts!!
They will be for the Veterans Hospital too.


...a few princess lap quilts 


3 Disney princess quilts on the line


and a few crib quilts were also on the line.


3 Hullabalou quilts on the line


I'll be back next week to show you what I've been 
hand embroidering!!!
I luv it but this one is not for me...


hugs and happy stitching

Pauline











11 comments:

  1. Lookin good!! Have a great time with your family. Once they are all here it will be a blast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bet ya been cookin up a storm too...That's not a clothes line it's an art exhibit. Lovely quilts, you should have saved the first one for the July red, white, and blue blog hop...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of fabulous eye-candy! You have been very busy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the quilts Pauline - you've been working! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of you hanging your quilts on an outside clothesline. They all look so good in the fresh air and sunshine. Nothing beats the blue sky and green grass as a background in the photos.
    Have a great time with family and enjoy the race.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, girl... you are a stitchin' machine! So many fun quilts!!! Two (bazillion) thumbs up!!

    hugZ,
    annie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such pretty quilts all lined up in a row :o) I can't see anyone complaining about those!

    ReplyDelete
  8. And still she has time to sew..wow. Have fun this weekend

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ps love allllllll your quilts

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you are going to have your hands fulll...love your quilts!

    ReplyDelete